In response to planned protests and other gatherings in and around the County-City Building campus on Thursday, June 4th, Pierce County Superior Court will close its doors at 10:30 am. All remote hearings will go forward as scheduled and will be broadcast on our website. Criminal arraignments held after 10:30 am will also be broadcast on Superior Court’s website. Emergency Domestic Violence Protection Order petitions will not be accepted after 9:30 am.
If you feel you cannot make it at your scheduled court time, whether you are an attorney, defendant, witness, litigant, etc., you must call the court, using the contact information listed below:
- If you are or scheduled for a hearing in front of a judge, contact the judicial assistant for that department.
- If you have a hearing set before the Commissioners, please contact the Commissioner Services Department at (253)798-6697.
- For all other criminal matters, contact Criminal Administration at (253)798-2988.
- Domestic Violence Protection Order return hearings scheduled for a CourtCall proceeding in Courtroom 117 at the County-City Building, will be held remotely at Remann Hall beginning at 1:30 pm.
- Remann Hall (Juvenile Court) will be open. For all matters at Remann Hall, please contact Juvenile Court Administration at (253)798-7900.
- Western State Hospital will be open. For all matters at Western State Hospital, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (253)756-2951.
If there are other changes to the status of Superior Court operations, a new press release will be posted.
EMPLOYEES ONLY: Superior Court Administration essential employees for June 4th are the Court Administrator, Deputy Court Administrator, Commissioner Services Supervisor, Computer Systems Business Analyst 3 and Criminal Administration Supervisor. All other administration employees should work remotely.
Judges and Commissioners are encouraged to work remotely. If Judicial Officers or their staff need to come into the CCB on June 4th, they should be out of the building by 10:30 am.
About Pierce County Superior Court:
Pierce County Superior Court is the second largest superior court in the state of Washington and is proud to serve the citizens and visitors of Pierce County. The court is staffed with 22 judges and nine commissioners. There are three sites where court is held; the County City Building at 930 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, Remann Hall Juvenile Court at 5501 6th Ave, Tacoma, and Western State Hospital at 9601 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.piercecountywa.gov/superiorcourt.
Chris Gaddis, Superior Court Administrator