February 2021 Fee Changes
This is your early reminder that annual fee adjustments will go into effect on February 1, 2021. The good news is that if you apply and pay fees by January 31, 2021, you can avoid the increases.
We anticipate a rush of applications before the fee changes take effect, so now is the time to submit your application. Please note, you will be vested for the 2020 fees only at the time of payment, not application submittal.
The following adjustments take effect on February 1, 2021:
School Impact Fees - Ordinance 2020-124
- School impact fees will increase by up to $75 for single family-dwellings and by up to $40 for multi-family dwelling units consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI), for most of the school districts in unincorporated Pierce County.
Park Impact Fees - Ordinance 2020-123
- Park impact fees will increase by $87 consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI) and Building Cost Index in unincorporated Pierce County.
Traffic Impact Fees
- Traffic impact fees for residential construction will increase by 9.66% above the rates that have been in effect since February 2017.
- View the full Pierce County Transportation Impact Fee Schedule.
Building Permit Fees
- Commercial building permit fees will increase by 2% in 2021.
- Residential building permit fees will not increase in 2021.
- Reminder: Building Code changes also take effect on February 1, 2021.
Development Center Processing Fees - Ordinance 2019-91 (Exhibit B)
- Fee schedule changes resulted in minor increases and decreases in permit fees throughout Planning & Public Works.
If you need assistance with your online application or payment, please send a message to Ask the Development Center.