We Want to Hear From You
A series of amendments to the County's Shoreline Master Program (SMP) are being considered that, if passed, would:
- Restrict new pier and dock construction along portions of residential and conservancy shoreline
- Clarify permitting requirements for non-commercial aquaculture intended to restore native fish and shellfish stocks
- Clarify fencing allowances within buffer and setback areas
- Update Title 18S - Shoreline Master Program to reflect a number of previously approved amendments to Title 18E - Development Regulations - Critical Areas.
- Make one revision to Pierce County Code (PCC) 18S 30.030 (Ecological Protection) related to compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program.
Public comment open on the proposed amendments and the SEPA Determination, issued Friday, October 15, 2021 is open through November 2, 2021.
Throughout this process, Pierce County is committed to working with the community and interested parties to providing clear information and opportunities to comment. Your comments will help our team best understand how you might be affected by the proposed changes.
Learn more, subscribe to updates and submit comment here.