Superior Court functions at the County City Building, Remann Hall (Juvenile Court) and the Western State Hospital docket, held at its temporary location near the County City Building, will be open during normal business hours on Thursday, December 30, 2021. While the courthouse will be open during regular business hours, it is possible that individual judges’ courtrooms may adjust their schedule depending on their ability to safely commute. Judicial Officers understand not all court participants can make their court time, so they have the intention of being flexible.
If you feel you cannot make your scheduled court time due to the severity of the weather event in your area, whether you are an attorney, interpreter, defendant, witness, litigant, etc., you must call the court, using the contact information listed below:
- If you are currently in trial or scheduled for a hearing in front of a judge, contact the judicial assistant for that department. Note: due to high recess during the holidays, there are very few judicial departments in operation this entire week.
- If you have a hearing set before the Commissioners, please contact the Commissioner Services Department at (253)798-6697.
- For all other criminal matters, contact Criminal Administration at (253)798-2988.
- There are no jurors scheduled for December 30th.
- For all matters at Remann Hall (Juvenile Court), please contact Juvenile Court Administration at (253)798-7900.
- For all matters at Western State Hospital, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at
Additional impacts to court operations may occur depending on how this weather system moves into the area. If there are changes to the status of Superior Court operations, a new press release will be posted.
EMPLOYEES ONLY: Superior Court employees are expected to work their regularly scheduled shift, whether remote or in-person.
Pierce County Superior Court is the second largest Superior Court in the State of Washington and is proud to serve the citizens and visitors of Pierce County. The Court is staffed with 23 Judges and 9 Commissioners. There are three sites where court is held; the County-City Building at 930 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, Remann Hall Juvenile Court at 5501 6th Ave., Tacoma, and Western State Hospital currently located near the County City Building campus. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.piercecountywa.gov/122/Superior-Court.
Chris Gaddis, Superior Court Administrator