February 2022 Fee Changes
This is your second reminder that annual fee adjustments will go into effect on February 1, 2022. Apply and pay fees by January 31, 2022 to avoid the increases.
We anticipate a rush of applications before the fee changes take effect, so now is the time to submit your application. Please note, you will be vested for the 2021 fees only at the time of payment, not application submittal. We strongly recommend you submit your application by January 19 to allow enough time for processing and payment.
Fees changes effective on February 1, 2022:
- School impact fees will increase by up to $310 for single family-dwellings and by up to $165 for multi-family dwelling units consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI), for most of the school districts in unincorporated Pierce County.
- Park impact fees will increase by $514 consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI) and Building Cost Index in unincorporated Pierce County. This fee change also incorporates a revaluation required by code three years after adoption (and every five years thereafter).
Traffic Impact Fees
- The base rate for traffic impact fees will increase by 7.8 percent. The administrative fee is calculated separately. View a fact sheet and the 2022 fee schedule at piercecountywa.gov/tif
Building Permit Fees
- Commercial and residential building permit fees will increase by 1% in 2022
- Fee schedule changes resulted in minor increases and decreases in permit fees throughout Planning & Public Works.
Sewer Connection Charges
- Sewer connection charges will also be updated on February 1. We will send a third notice when Annual CPI Rates for 2021 have been published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on January 12.