2022 Fee Changes
This is your third reminder that annual fee adjustments will go into effect on February 1, 2022.
Apply and pay fees by January 31, 2022 to avoid the increases. You will be vested for the 2021 fees at the time of payment, not application submittal. We strongly recommend you submit your application by January 19 to allow enough time for processing and payment.
The following adjustments take effect on February 1, 2022:
- The average WWTP Capacity and Basin Area sewer connection charges increase is 4.6% for 2022.
- School impact fees will increase by up to $310 for single family-dwellings and by up to $165 for multi-family dwelling units consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI), for most of the school districts in unincorporated Pierce County.
- Park impact fees will increase by $514 consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI) and Building Cost Index in unincorporated Pierce County. This fee change also incorporates a revaluation required by code three years after adoption (and every five years thereafter).
Traffic Impact Fees
- The base rate for traffic impact fees will increase by 7.8 percent. The administrative fee is calculated separately. View a fact sheet and the 2022 fee schedule at piercecountywa.gov/tif
Building Permit Fees
- Commercial and residential building permit fees will increase by 1% in 2022
- Fee schedule changes resulted in minor increases and decreases in permit fees throughout Planning & Public Works.