2023 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Cycle
Applications for amendments to Pierce County's Comprehensive Plan will be accepted from July 1 through August 1, 2022.
Visit us online to view:
- Information on the process
- Instructions to request to be added to the docket of amendments and receive notification when applications will be accepted
- Guidelines for the preparation and submittal of applications
- Applications for amendments
- Amendment review process and fees
About the Amendment Cycle
The Pierce County Comprehensive Plan guides the County’s overall strategy for growth and development over the next 20 years. It sets the goals and policies for items such as land use, economic development, housing, transportation, and the environment. Every two years, the County accepts applications for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan. Approved amendments can result in changes to land use and zoning designations and regulations.
If you have any questions about the process or application forms, please contact Dan Cardwell at [email protected] or call Planning and Public Works Long Range Planning Division at (253) 798-2389.