Updates to Pierce County’s road standards will take effect on May 1, 2022. The Pierce County Council adopted these updates to the Manual on Design Guidelines and Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction via ordinance in March.
These changes were needed, in part, to support the new Urban Infill Design and Subdivision code as well as the Centers and Corridors element of the Community Plan Updates.
Notable changes include:
- Up to nine lots are now allowed on a shared access facility
- The minimum width of shared access facility tracts has been reduced
- Pedestrian lighting standards have been added
- Minimum right-of-way widths are now aligned with the Community Plan Update
- Roundabout standards have been added
- On-street parking is allowed in certain zones
For questions about these updates please contact [email protected].