Pierce County Human Services is announcing a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) to support the development of new non-congregate emergency shelters. Over $13 million is anticipated for the following shelter projects:
- Shelter with Medical Respite Services
- $4.4 million
- 100 beds, minimum of 50 for medical respite services
- Eligible projects must have on-site nursing staff, mental health care and additional care services
- Non-Congregate Shelters
- $8.4 million, providing funding for up to three shelter projects
- 60 beds
- Eligible projects must expand the number of emergency shelter beds
- Shelter Access Hub
- $1 million
- Eligible projects must offer short-term stay, assistance finding shelter placement and accept clients 24/7
The goal of this NOFA is to expand the number of emergency shelter beds in Pierce County by providing funding for the development and/or acquisition of new non-congregate emergency shelter facilities in Pierce County, in support of Pierce County’s Comprehensive Plan to End Homelessness. Homeless individuals have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and the economic impacts thereafter. The County encourages eligible, qualified, and interested non-profit organizations to submit applications to provide services in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in Pierce County.
Projects shall be located within Pierce County. Applicants may propose any single or combination of the three requested project types in this NOFA. The County will consider proposals that combine the goals of multiple projects into one larger development plan, so long as the requested project elements of the projects are met. Applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022. Interested parties may join an online workshop using the information below:
Shelter NOFA Workshop
November 7, 2022, at 3 p.m.
Meeting ID: 940 8519 0275
Join online: https://piercecountywa.zoom.us/j/94085190275
Join by phone: 253-215-8782 or 888-788-0099 (toll free)
Learn more by visiting www.piercecountywa.gov/HSSB.