SUPERIOR COURT PRESS RELEASE
DECEMBER 22, 2022
PIERCE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT - INCLEMENT WEATHER INFORMATION
Superior Court functions at the County City Building, Remann Hall (Juvenile Court) and the Western State Hospital docket, held at its temporary location near the County City Building, will be open during normal business hours on Friday, December 23, 2022. While the courthouse will be open during regular business hours, it is possible that individual judges’ courtrooms may adjust their schedule depending on their ability to safely commute. Judicial Officers understand not all court participants can make their court time, so they have the intention of being flexible.
If you feel you cannot make your scheduled court time due to the severity of the weather event in your area, whether you are an attorney, interpreter, defendant, witness, litigant, etc., you must call the court, using the contact information listed below:
- If you are scheduled for a hearing in front of a judge, contact the judicial assistant for that department.
- If you have a hearing set before the Commissioners, please contact the Commissioner Services Department at (253)798-6697.
- For all other criminal matters, contact Criminal Administration at (253)798-2988.
- There are no jurors scheduled for December 23rd.
- For all matters at Remann Hall (Juvenile Court), please contact Juvenile Court Administration at (253)798-7900.
- For all matters at Western State Hospital, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (253)798-6937.
Additional impacts to court operations may occur depending on how this weather system moves into the area. If there are changes to the status of Superior Court operations, a new press release will be posted.
EMPLOYEES ONLY: Employees who are working in their assigned office workplace will be granted a two-hour grace period to safely commute to or from work on Friday. Those who are working remotely are expected to be working their regular hours unless an alternate schedule is approved by their manager.
Pierce County Superior Court is the second largest Superior Court in the State of Washington and is proud to serve the citizens and visitors of Pierce County. The Court is staffed with 23 Judges and 10 Commissioners. There are three sites where court is held; the County-City Building at 930 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, Remann Hall Juvenile Court at 5501 6th Ave., Tacoma, and Western State Hospital currently located near the County City Building campus. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.piercecountywa.gov/122/Superior-Court.
Media Contact: Chris Gaddis, Superior Court Administrator, [email protected], (253)798-3963