Pierce County is working to improve the permit application review process.
Members of the development community are invited to participate in our Single-Family Plat Lot Expedited Review Path Pilot, which runs July 1 through Sept. 30.
The limited-scope, short duration pilot is intended to test new concepts in permit review and evaluate the feasibility of approving a single-family residential project in 15 days or less – much faster than the current standard!
In the pilot, participants submit high-quality applications for expedited processing and review.
- Dedicated team: An integrated technical team reviews the application together.
- Coordinated review: Applicants receive either a joint approval from all reviewing divisions or a single request for additional information, allowing for a streamlined process.
- Must be in unincorporated Pierce County
- Must qualify as Single-Family Residential
- Must be located in an approved plat recorded after Dec. 4, 2015
- The project has less than 5,000 feet of new hard surface
Interested in Participating?
Please visit PierceCountyWa.gov/PermitWIP to review the Pilot Customer Guide and submit a Participant Interest Form.
Part of a Bigger Project
The pilot is one of several initiatives planned under Pierce County’s Permit Workflow Improvement Project (WIP) and the results will be evaluated to determine which process changes work best and should be incorporated long-term.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.