The Aug. 1, 2023, Primary Election has been officially certified by the Canvassing Board. The Board is composed of Auditor Linda Farmer, County Council Chair Ryan Mello, and a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney.
The final turnout of the election was 24.79% with 102,421 ballots accepted and tabulated.
There were 51,785 ballots returned to a drop box. The top 5 most used drop boxes were:
1. Pierce County Annex (4,801 ballots)
2. Kandle Park Police Substation (3,860 ballots)
3. West Pierce Fire & Rescue (3,206 ballots)
4. Gig Harbor Library (3,193 ballots)
5. Puyallup Library (3,100 ballots)
The total number of rejected ballots was 1,276. Of those rejected ballots, 79.3% were returned too late, 13.4% had signatures that did not match their voter record, 6.3% did not sign their envelope.
View the full certification report and results at PierceCountyElections.org.
# # #
Kyle Haugh, Elections Manager