Pierce County Human Services, in collaboration with Tacomaprobono and the Pierce County Library System, is hosting a series of “partner pop-up” community events this fall to offer support to residents facing legal or eviction issues.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet with Tacomaprobono to ask legal questions, determine eligibility for legal clinics, and gather information and resources that may help residents in need of eviction support. There will also be opportunities for eligible residents who are behind on rent to apply for the Pierce County Eviction Prevention Program.
These two-hour community events will be offered seven times this fall:
- Sept. 13 – 2 p.m., Gig Harbor Library, 4424 Pt. Fosdick Dr., Gig Harbor
- Sept. 18 – 2 p.m., Summit Library, 5107 112th St. E, Tacoma
- Sept. 26 – 2 p.m., Tillicum Library, 14916 Washington Ave. SW, Lakewood
- Oct. 3 – Noon, Eatonville Library, 205 Center St. W, Eatonville
- Oct. 9 – 3 p.m., Parkland Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S, Tacoma
- Oct. 17 – 2 p.m., Sumner Library, 1116 Fryar Ave., Sumner
- Oct. 24 – 3 p.m., University Place Library, 3609 Market Pl. W, University Place
Attendees can drop in or register ahead of time by finding their desired event online. The Legal Aid and Eviction Prevention Partner Pop-Ups are free and open to the public.
# # #
Kari Moore, Public Information Specialist