The Elections Division is seek individuals interested in writing an “Against” statement for the August 6, 2013 Primary Election local voters’ pamphlet in the following District:
The District failed to appoint committee members to prepare an “Against” statement for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Elections Division to seek out and whenever possible appoint up to three members to form an “Against” committee.”
Qualifications for appointment
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
If you are appointed to the “Against” committee you agree to:
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2013, which contains critical information about:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits and format requirements for statements and rebuttals.
Committee members’ names and contact information will be printed in the local voters’ pamphlet. You can’t participate anonymously. If you agree to the above responsibilities, email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
DeadlinesThe deadline to request a committee appointment is May 10, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.The deadline to submit an “Against” statement is May 15, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
MEDIA CONTACTS:Julie Anderson, Pierce County auditor
Mike Rooney, Pierce County elections manager