2023 Fee Changes
This is your early reminder that annual fee adjustments will go into effect in 2023. The good news is you can avoid the increases if you apply and pay fees before the effective dates.
We anticipate a rush of applications before the fee changes take effect, so now is the time to submit your application
. Please note, you will be vested for the 2022 fees only at the time of payment, not application submittal.
Fee changes effective Jan. 1, 2023:
Apply and pay fees by Dec. 31, 2022 to avoid fee increases.
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Fees - 2023 Fee Schedule
- Most on-site sewage and drinking water program fees will increase.
Fees changes effective Feb. 1, 2023:
Apply and pay fees by Jan. 31, 2023 to avoid fee increases.
- School impact fees will increase by up to $240 for single-family dwellings and by up to $125 for multi-family dwelling units consistent with the Construction Cost Index, for most of the school districts in unincorporated Pierce County.
- Park impact fees will increase by $261 consistent with the Construction Cost Index and Building Cost Index, as required by Ch 4A.20, PCC.
Traffic Impact Fees
- The base rate for traffic impact fees will increase by 5.6%. The administrative fee is calculated separately. Learn more about traffic impact fees at PierceCountyWa.gov/tif.
Building Permit Fees
- Commercial and residential building permit fees will increase by 1% in 2023.
- Fee schedule changes resulted in minor increases and decreases in permit fees throughout Planning & Public Works.
Sewer Connection Charges
- Sewer connection charges will also be updated on Feb. 1. We will send a reminder after the Annual Consumer Price Index Rates for 2022 have been published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Jan. 12.