The meetings will be held at the Pierce County Annex, 2401 S 35th St. in Tacoma.
Several meetings will focus on the Centers and Corridors proposal, which would focus growth along Pacific Avenue/State Route 7, Meridian/State Route 161, 176th Street East, 112th Street East and Canyon Road East.
Two January study sessions are open to the public, but there will be no public testimony.
Four public hearings will be held in February and March. Each meeting will feature a staff presentation, discussion by the commission, and public testimony about proposed changes presented at that meeting.
- Jan. 7, 1–3 p.m.: Information about a concept that would allow the proposed Centers and Corridors rezones to be phased in over time.
- Jan. 9, 1–3 p.m.: Information about a new approach to regulate design in the proposed Centers and Corridors zones.
The commission will make a final recommendation on each plan, associated development regulations, and amendments to the Pierce County Comprehensive Plan in March. There will be no public testimony.
- Feb. 4, 6:30 p.m.: Review additional draft proposed changes to the Centers and Corridors proposal.
- Feb. 25, 9:30 a.m.: Results of the housing market study that provides a realistic estimate of additional housing growth related to the Centers and Corridors proposal for the Environmental Impact Statement. Environmental Impact Statements evaluate the environmental impacts of changes to plans and zoning and provide ways to reduce any identified impacts.
- March 3, 6:30 p.m.: Review additional draft proposed changes to the Centers and Corridors proposal.
- March 4, 6:30 p.m.: Review additional draft changes and potential amendments for the community plan updates.
- March 10, 6:30 p.m.: Final amendments and recommendations.
- March 12, 6:30 p.m.: Final amendments and recommendations.
The commission’s final recommendations will be submitted to the Pierce County Council. The council will then consider the proposed changes for each plan and determine whether to adopt them.
Written comment accepted
Written public comment will be accepted until March 4 for consideration at the final recommendation meetings. It can be submitted via email to CommunityPlans@piercecountywa.gov or by mail or in person at the address listed below.
Visit www.piercecountywa.gov/cpupdate to view a meeting calendar and sign up for meeting updates.