1) Introductions: Please include announcements about staff changes, new programs and other interesting “happenings” which will help keep your colleagues in the network informed.
- Share your program brochures with other service providers.
- Business card exchange – bring a “stack” to share.
2) ADR Updates
- Aaron Van Valkenburg, Manager
- ADR updates
- Legislative session update
3) Program: “Long Term Care Act Trust”
Speaker: Jon Rudicil, Washington Association of Area Agencies on Aging (w4a)
Washington Governor Jay Inslee has signed into law the nation’s first public state-operated long-term care insurance program. The Long-Term Care Trust Act will pay benefits for those who need assistance with regular daily activities such as eating, bathing, or help with medications. For the first time, the majority of a state legislature was willing to vote to create a public program and, critically, raise taxes to pay for it. What does this legislation mean for all of us? How will it be implemented at the grass roots level? Who can get it and who can’t? When does this all kick in? Learn about the details so you can be in the know.