It seems there is no rest for the weary. I’m grateful that there is never a dull moment as your county council member. Last week, I shared with you the standing committees I serve on. Below are my external boards and commissions. You can read their descriptions here.
- Joint Determining Board (Member)
- Law Enforcement Officer’s and Fire Fighter’s Disability Board (LEOFF) (Member)
- Lodging Tax Advisory Board (Member)
- Nisqually River Council (Member)
- Performance Audit Committee (Member)
- Pierce County Flood Control Zone District Board of Supervisors (Member)
- Pierce County Reserve Officers Board of Trustees (Alternate)
- Pierce Transit-Pierce County Combined Communications Network Executive Board (Alternate)
- South Sound Military and Communities Partnership – Elected Officials Council (Alternate)
- Tourism Promotion Area Hotel Commission (Member)
- Transportation Benefit District (Member)
- Zoo and Trek Authority (ZTA) (Member)
We do have several task forces and commissions that were formed for specific purposes and are generally for a limited duration. For information on those, please click here.
Community engagement with your government is always encouraged. There are many local boards and commissions with vacancies. Perhaps one is a fit for you.
If serving as an advisor is something you are interested in, please check out this site to view those opportunities, and here to see current vacancies.
I know your days are busy and your time is limited. Most likely your email box is full of too many solicitations. It is my intention that the information I send will be of value to you. My priority is to share good news, but that’s hard to find these days. I’m in the process of trying to make the district a bit less frumpy, to put it nicely. That should be good news to many!
Your support and input is always appreciated!
Grateful for you!