Round Two of American Rescue Plan Allocations
Last week, through Ordinance No. 2021-53, the council initiated its second round of American Rescue Plan Act funding allocations from the initial $88 million the county received from the federal government. Coming out of the pandemic, we have an opportunity to make a difference in the areas like economic development, homelessness and affordable housing, and public infrastructure like water, sewer, and broadband.
Some of our most recent allocations included:
- $15 million to support broadband expansion in underserved areas of the county
- $4 million for innovation grants to assist small business as they adapt to the changing marketplace
- $4 million for professional services for small businesses
- $5 million for housing and homelessness to support acquisition of hotel/motel space in Tacoma
- $500,000 for a centralized agricultural processing facility, which will be a helpful resource to our local farm economy
If you would like to keep track and view how Pierce County is allocating fund from the American Rescue plan, please visit COVID-19 American Rescue Plan Financial Report | Internal Open Pierce County (piercecountywa.gov).
What’s on your mind?
Please contact me with any concerns or ideas you have anytime. You can reach me by phone at 253-798-2222 or send me an email at [email protected].
All the best,