The new site offers enhanced payment options
Pierce County launched a new online portal Aug. 17 that offers its sewer customers enhanced payment options. Designed for ease of use and improved security, the new system allows customers to pay their bills and request services with additional flexibility and convenience.
Customers can visit piercecountywa.gov/SewerPortal
to register, manage their accounts and explore the various tools available. Once customers are registered, they will be able to view billing statements, set up automatic payments, and receive billing reminders via email.
With the new portal, customers will also be able to:
- Access their account 24 hours a day from a computer or mobile device.
- Securely save their payment information for quick payments.
- Manage account notifications, such as payment confirmation, bill due date and past due reminders.
- Submit service requests when they buy or sell properties, change addresses, add a tenant, estimate a payoff amount and more.
- Review account balance and payment history.
- Pay their bill via automated phone system by calling 253-798-4020.
Sewer customers with multiple properties can now access all their accounts with a single login. They can pay multiple bills online with a single $3.50 processing fee.
As a result of this rollout, nearly 55,000 single-family residential customers who receive their bill every two months will notice a new bill due date. Payment due dates will remain the same for customers on a monthly billing cycle. Customers who are currently paying through their bank’s online bill pay service will need to adjust their payment due date.
Customer service representatives are available to assist and answer questions at
253-798-4020 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.About the Pierce County sewer system
The Pierce County sewer system collects wastewater from a 117-square-mile area serving 314,000 customers in the communities of Parkland, Spanaway, Midland, South Hill, Graham, Frederickson, Tehaleh, Browns Point and Dash Point, University Place, Lakewood, DuPont, Milton, Steilacoom, and portions of Tacoma, Edgewood and Fife.