Shoreline Master Program (SMP) Meeting Proposed Amendments
Meeting Tuesday, October 26th at 6:30 p.m. on Zoom
A series of amendments to the SMP are being considered that, if passed, would:
- Restrict new pier and dock construction along portions of residential and conservancy shoreline
- Clarify permitting requirements for non-commercial aquaculture intended to restore native fish and shellfish stocks
- Clarify fencing allowances within buffer and setback areas
- Update Title 18S - Shoreline Master Program to reflect a number of previously approved amendments to Title 18E - Development Regulations - Critical Areas.
- Make one revision to Pierce County Code (PCC) 18S 30.030 (Ecological Protection) related to compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program.
To learn more about this proposal, how it could affect your property, and ways to provide public comment, please join Pierce County Planning and Public Works tomorrow evening for a Joint Land Use Advisory Committee / Public Information MeetingRSVP here to receive the Zoom link to attend.Learn more on our website.