Search for contractor begins for road project
Pierce County is currently advertising for a contractor to lead the proposed road improvement project that will improve safety and traffic operations at 92nd Avenue East and 224th Street East.
The project is multi-fold. It will:
- Install a traffic signal system.
- Add an eastbound left turn lane and westbound left turn and right turn lanes at the 92nd Avenue East / 224th Street East intersection.
- Add a two-way left turn lane west of 90th Avenue East and between 90th Avenue East and 92nd Avenue East.
- Install concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Install an enclosed storm drainage system, as well as stormwater treatment and storage facilities.
- Install street lighting.
Over the next few weeks the county's survey crew will stake the limits of the existing county right-of-way along the project limits.
All shrubs, trees, fences, landscaping rocks, or other privately owned items within the right-of-way that property owners want to keep should be removed before the start of construction.
Removal of such items is the property owner's responsibility and must be removed completely by Dec. 31, 2021.
Construction of this project is expected to begin in spring 2022. Private utility relocations may begin ahead of the actual road construction.
Additional information about this project can be found online.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Gregory M. Hess, P.E., Design Supervisor at (253) 798-2283, [email protected] or Lynn M. Ross, P.E., Project Lead Engineer at (253) 798-2245, [email protected].