Apply and pay now to avoid 2022 adjustments
This is your early reminder that annual Pierce County fee adjustments will go into effect in 2022. The good news is you can avoid the increases if you apply and pay fees before the effective dates.
Planning and Public Works anticipates a rush of applications before the fee changes take effect, so now is the time to submit your application. Please note, you will be vested for the 2021 fees only at the time of payment, not application submittal.
Fee changes effective on January 1, 2022:
Apply and pay fees by December 31, 2021 to avoid fee increases.
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Fees - 2022-2023 Fee Schedule
- Most on-site sewage and drinking water program fees will increase.
Fees changes effective on February 1, 2022:
Apply and pay fees
by January 31, 2022 to avoid fee increases.School Impact Fees
- Ordinance 2021-111
Park Impact Fees - Ordinance 2021-112
- School impact fees will increase by up to $310 for single family-dwellings and by up to $165 for multi-family dwelling units consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI), for most of the school districts in unincorporated Pierce County.
Traffic Impact Fees
- Park impact fees will increase by $514 consistent with the Construction Cost Index (CCI) and Building Cost Index in unincorporated Pierce County. This fee change also incorporates a revaluation required by code three years after adoption (and every five years thereafter).
Building Permit Fees
- The base rate for traffic impact fees will increase by 7.8 percent. The administrative fee is calculated separately. View a fact sheet and the 2022 fee schedule at piercecountywa.gov/tif
Development Center Processing Fees
- Commercial and residential building permit fees will increase by 1% in 2022
- Ordinance 2021-113s (Exhibit A)
Sewer Connection Charges
- Fee schedule changes resulted in minor increases and decreases in permit fees throughout Planning & Public Works.
- Sewer connection charges will also be updated on February 1. We will send a third notice when Annual CPI Rates for 2021 have been published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics on January 12.
If you need assistance with your online application or payment, please send a message to Ask the Development Center.