Pierce County plans to extend Canyon Road East from 200th Street East to 208th Street East to increase transportation connectivity for motorists. The county is now finalizing the design and right-of-way acquisitions.
- Extending Canyon Road East from 200th Street East to 208th Street East with one lane in each direction and a two-way left-turn lane.
- Adding a traffic signal at the intersection of 208th Street East.
- Modifying the signal at the 200th Street East intersection.
- Constructing concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk on the west side.
- Adding street lighting.
- Constructing stormwater treatment and storage facilities.