Comment period now open
Pierce County is considering a series of amendments to Pierce County Code to reflect the different kinds of housing needed in the community - and we want to hear from you.
Learn more about the proposed updates
How to provide comment Public comment on the proposed amendments and the SEPA determination will be accepted via the methods below starting April 8, 2022. SEPA comment period closes on April 29, 2022.
- Through the proposal website
- By letter to Pierce County Planning and Public Works, co Erika Rhett 2401 S 35th St, Suite 175, Tacoma, WA 98409-7490. Please be sure to include your name and email address.
- At a public meeting*
About the proposed updatesThe proposal was developed in response to Pierce County Council resolution R2020-125 and includes:
- Updates to 35 residential use terms to recognize modern housing trends, align with changes to state policy and law, and provide clarification between terms that might seem related – consistent with existing Comprehensive Plan policies
- Minor zoning corrections for Senior housing in the Gig Harbor and Parkland-Spanaway-Midland community plan areas
- New code language related to employee housing
- New shared housing residential use
*The public information meeting on April 14, 2022 is not an official venue to provide public comment. The intent is to help residents understand the proposal and the various ways in which informed comment can be submitted.
You are receiving this email because of your role as a LUAC member.