This holiday season, we’re giving you
the gift of improved customer service.
You can get more information online.
Staff at Planning and Public Works (PPW) and Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department spent the last year working together to prepare for faster service times, more electronic visibility and a better customer experience—for you.
You benefit from streamlined processes.
- You can see the documents you submit, status and approvals online.
- We review all applications electronically.
- You get emails when we have an update to share or issue your permit.
- We can view and review work in either system.
We’re working better together.
- You can submit applications online or in person at PPW or the Health Department.
- You get review of single-family homes with a single site plan.
We’ve got great things in store for 2020.We’ll continue to simplify the permitting process and improve review times, and:
- Staff from Planning and Public Works and the Health Department are co-located at the Annex.
- Both agencies’ staff attend Advisory Group meetings.
You can stay in the know with our quarterly updates in 2020. Preview what’s next and get a behind-the-scenes look at all of our improvements at tpchd.org/colocation.
- Offer a combined application for Onsite Septic Systems and Individual Wells to reduce paperwork and improve efficiency in review.
- Reduce permit types and link permits associated with certain actions to reduce the number of applications to track.
- Share shoreline regulations and septic needs.
- Revise online instructions to reduce application errors.
We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!