How do I get custody or visitation rights?

The Prosecutor’s Office does not get involved in custody or visitation issues. However, as part of a pilot program for parentage cases between 7/1/20 and 6/30/21, if parents wish to enter an agreed Parenting Plan, they may request Parenting Plan information from the Family Support Division at the beginning of their case. For all other visitation or custody issues, parents must either hire an attorney or represent themselves.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get child support for my kids?
2. What kinds of child support cases does the Prosecutor's Office handle?
3. How can I have the Prosecutor open a case for me?
4. Do I need a lawyer to represent me in a child support case?
5. How do I get custody or visitation rights?
6. Will the Prosecutor work on divorce or non-parental custody cases?
7. How is child support calculated?
8. Can I keep my information confidential?
9. Can I get genetic testing done to see who the father is?
10. How can I be the parent and have to pay child support when I never had genetic tests?
11. What can I do if I have an arrest warrant for a child support case?
12. How do I pay my child support?