Who may solemnize? (RCW 26.04.050)
• The following named officers and persons, active or retired, are hereby authorized to solemnize marriages, to wit: Justices of the supreme court, judges of the court of appeals, judges of the superior courts, supreme court commissioners, court of appeals commissioners, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any religious organization, and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction as defined in RCW 3.02.010.
If I am an ordained minister do I need to register my certificate with Pierce County?
• Pierce County does not keep a registry of Ordained Ministers.
Please make sure to familiarize yourself with the Marriage Certificate.
• The certificate must be filled out completely,
• Pay special attention to the dates the certificate is valid,
• That all parties, witnesses, and person solemnizing have signed the Marriage Certificate,
• And that you have complied with all RCW’s.
If you have further questions refer to RCW 26.04