I'm performing a wedding ceremony what do I need to do?
Who may solemnize? (RCW 26.04.050)

• The following named officers and persons, active or retired, are hereby authorized to solemnize marriages, to wit: Justices of the supreme court, judges of the court of appeals, judges of the superior courts, supreme court commissioners, court of appeals commissioners, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any religious organization, and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction as defined in RCW 3.02.010.

If I am an ordained minister do I need to register my certificate with Pierce County?

• Pierce County does not keep a registry of Ordained Ministers.

Please make sure to familiarize yourself with the Marriage Certificate.

• The certificate must be filled out completely,
• Pay special attention to the dates the certificate is valid,
• That all parties, witnesses, and person solemnizing have signed the Marriage Certificate,
• And that you have complied with all RCW’s.

If you have further questions refer to RCW 26.04

Show All Answers

1. How do I change my name?
2. How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
3. Has my marriage certificate been returned?
4. Can the three day waiting period be waived?
5. What are the minimum ages for applicants?
6. What if one of the applicants is 17? Can he/she get a license?
7. How do I get divorced?
8. How long is a marriage license valid?
9. What type of ID is accepted?
10. Is there a waiting period before I can use the license?
11. Is the license only valid in Washington?
12. How much is the marriage license?
13. What if I lost my marriage packet?
14. What do I need to bring in?
15. Is all information on the marriage certificate mandatory?
16. What if the person doesn't know the information on one of the parents?
17. What if I don't know the information at the time I apply, but I can find it before we are married?
18. What if one of us is not legally divorced yet, can we still apply for a marriage license?
19. Can we get married again in Washington even if we are legally married in another state or country?
20. What are the steps after the marriage ceremony has taken place?
21. What if I'm unable to print my completed marriage application for notarization?
22. I'm performing a wedding ceremony what do I need to do?
23. Can I apply for a license in WA if I am an out of state resident?
24. Is the application fee refundable?
25. I received a certified copy of my marriage and it is past the valid dates on the certificate. Is it still valid?
26. How do I change information on my marriage certificate?