Once the Family Assessment has been completed? What do I do?

Family Reconciliation Services will complete a Family Assessment and offer support services to the family.  Once the Verification of Family Assessment is completed, the parent or legal guardian has two choices:

  • Engage in recommended services without proceeding on to schedule a hearing with the Juvenile Court.
  • File the Family Assessment with the Pierce County Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office and request to complete an ARY petition.  A court hearing will be scheduled, and paperwork provided to the parent or legal guardian to provide the required legal service to the youth. 
  • Please keep in mind: Families who file ARY petitions and appear in court without participating in the services offered by FRS will be re-directed to do so prior to the case proceeding further. 

Show All Answers

1. Who files the At-Risk-Youth (ARY) petition?
2. How do I file an At-Risk Youth (ARY) petition?
3. How do I file a Child in Need of Services (CHINS) petition?
4. What should I do if the court order is violated?
5. Who is Family Reconciliation Services?
6. What does Family Reconciliation Services (FRS) do and are they a part of Child Protective Services (CPS)?
7. What is the goal of Family Reconciliation Services (FRS)?
8. How do I contact Family Reconciliation Services to request a Family Assessment?
9. Can Family Reconciliation Services (FRS) work with my family without an At-Risk Youth Petition being filed in court?
10. Once the Family Assessment has been completed? What do I do?
11. What can I expect at the first court date, called the Fact-Finding Hearing?