I am a victim. I want to drop the charges and see the Judge. What do I do?
You may contact the Victim-Witness Unit of the Prosecuting Attorney's Office Room 946 in the County-City building and speak with the Victim's Advocate who is assigned to your case. You may also call (253) 798-7400.

The Victim-Witness Unit
Upholding the rights of victims is a top priority for the Prosecutor's Office. Victims and witnesses of crimes committed in Pierce County can contact the Victim Witness Assistance program for help. Victim-Witness staff provides the following services to thousands of victims every year:

• Written notification of charges, scheduled court dates and victims rights.
• Assistance in completing a Victim Impact Statement.
• Referrals to local social service agencies and programs.
• Accompaniment to court hearings and/or interviews related to the case.
• Assistance in applying for Crime Victims Compensation.
• Requests for restitution for financial loss incurred as a result of the crime.
• Release of property that has been held as evidence, at conclusion of case.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a special form to schedule a criminal hearing?
2. How soon can I schedule a hearing?
3. Where do I get criminal hearing dates approved?
4. When the prosecuting attorney announces 'No charges filed- final' or No charges filed- pending ( NCF'd)', what does that mean?
5. If an inmate is being released from jail either on personal recognizance or bail being posted, what time will the inmate be released?
6. Will I be able to see an in-custody defendant at a pre-trial conference or omnibus hearing?
7. My friend was arrested last night, when and where will he/she go to court?
8. How can a defendant obtain a copy of the court paperwork from a hearing?
9. I am a victim. I want to drop the charges and see the Judge. What do I do?
10. How do I go in earlier than the scheduled start of my jail sentence?
11. How and where do I get bail money returned?
12. Where and when can I take clothes to a defendant for trial?
13. What is DAC and where are they located?
14. Where and what is DOC?
15. How do I get a no-contact order removed?
16. How do I get a conviction off my record?
17. Who do I contact about setting up community service that was ordered by the court?
18. Where can I find a list of treatment resources?