How and where do I get bail money returned?
If a person has posted cash bail and no charges are filed (NCF), The Prosecutors Office sends an e-mail to the Sheriff's Department. The person who posted the bail will need to contact the sheriff's department on the first floor of the County-City building where they will be issued a check

If the Sheriff's Department does not receive an e-mail from the Prosecutors Office, the funds will not be released. Or, if the person who posted the bail does not come to the Sheriff's Department, the check will be sent to the person by mail.

Once the case has been charged and assigned a cause number, the bail money is automatically sent to the Clerk's Office. Once the case is closed and the Judgment and Sentence has been filed; the person seeking refund of the bail should go to the Judgments section of the Clerk's Office room 110.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a special form to schedule a criminal hearing?
2. How soon can I schedule a hearing?
3. Where do I get criminal hearing dates approved?
4. When the prosecuting attorney announces 'No charges filed- final' or No charges filed- pending ( NCF'd)', what does that mean?
5. If an inmate is being released from jail either on personal recognizance or bail being posted, what time will the inmate be released?
6. Will I be able to see an in-custody defendant at a pre-trial conference or omnibus hearing?
7. My friend was arrested last night, when and where will he/she go to court?
8. How can a defendant obtain a copy of the court paperwork from a hearing?
9. I am a victim. I want to drop the charges and see the Judge. What do I do?
10. How do I go in earlier than the scheduled start of my jail sentence?
11. How and where do I get bail money returned?
12. Where and when can I take clothes to a defendant for trial?
13. What is DAC and where are they located?
14. Where and what is DOC?
15. How do I get a no-contact order removed?
16. How do I get a conviction off my record?
17. Who do I contact about setting up community service that was ordered by the court?
18. Where can I find a list of treatment resources?