Yes, you can use a credit card, Visa Debit or an electronic check (E-Check) to pay taxes on parcels not subject to foreclosure. Payments of this type are done via a special online option or phone option.
To pay your property taxes with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Visa Debit, or by E-Check, simply log onto the Assessor-Treasurer's website or call (253) 798-3333 and have your parcel number ready. Enter your parcel number and follow the instructions for credit card Visa Debit or E-Check payments.
- Credit card Visa Debit and E-Check payments are processed by an outside vendor.
- The vendor collects a separate fee of 2.35% of the tax amount being paid on credit card payments, $3.50 for Visa Debit payments and $.50 for each E-Check payment.
- The fee will be added to your total and show as a separate line item from your taxes on your statement.
- Credit cards, Visa Debit and E-Check payments can only be used to pay on parcels not subject to foreclosure.
- Payments for parcels subject to foreclosure must be via the mail or in person to the Office of the Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer.