Why do I need an excise tax affidavit?
Every document recorded in Washington that conveys fee interest in real property, whether taxable or not, requires a fully completed excise tax affidavit pursuant RCW 82.45 and WAC 458-61A-303 (2). (Collateral deeds and easements given without consideration are stamped “Exempt” and do not require an excise tax affidavit).

Show All Answers

1. Why do I need an excise tax affidavit?
2. Who is responsible for paying the excise tax?
3. How do I calculate excise tax?
4. How do I create a deed?
5. View More FAQ
6. How do I complete an excise tax affidavit?
7. What do I do when I sell my mobile home?
8. Where do I get the excise form and how do I complete it?
9. Why do I need an additional form for the gift exemption?
10. How do I find out if my transaction is Exempt from Excise Tax?