What do I do when I sell my mobile home?
The seller of a used, non moving mobile home must pay excise tax within one month of the sale; a mobile home affidavit is required, which must be signed by both seller and buyer; or an agent of each. Before excise can be collected, personal property taxes must be paid in full for the current year if the mobile is sold, and must be paid current if it is not a sale (gift, inheritance, etc.) Both must be paid before the title can be transferred.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I need an excise tax affidavit?
2. Who is responsible for paying the excise tax?
3. How do I calculate excise tax?
4. How do I create a deed?
5. View More FAQ
6. How do I complete an excise tax affidavit?
7. What do I do when I sell my mobile home?
8. Where do I get the excise form and how do I complete it?
9. Why do I need an additional form for the gift exemption?
10. How do I find out if my transaction is Exempt from Excise Tax?