Can my child be detained for a long time?

Under certain legal circumstances, the court has the authority to commit a juvenile to the Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration (JRA) for any length of time up to the age of 21. The court sets the maximum amount of time the juvenile will serve. During the period of confinement, the juvenile will be placed in a state institution or group home. The juvenile's placement is determined by the Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration (JRA), not the court. Following the juvenile's release from the institution/group home, parole services are provided for a specified period of time. See


Show All Answers

1. Where is Juvenile Court (Remann Hall)?
2. What happens when a juvenile is arrested or cited for a criminal offense?
3. Do I have any financial responsibilities if my child is arrested or detained?
4. If my child was detained, are there court hearings?
5. Do I need legal representation?
6. When am I going to get to meet with my attorney to talk about my case and how can I find out which attorney is assigned to me?
7. What happens at arraignment?
8. Are there any legal negotiations or plea bargaining?
9. What are the chances I will be detained?
10. Are there common criminal court hearings?
11. Can anyone come to Juvenile Court hearings?
12. Does my parent have to come with me to court?
13. Are there any basic rules I need to follow when I come to court?
14. Do I have any obligations while my child waits for his/her court hearing?
15. Are there ever restrictions/obligations after a court hearing?
16. Can my child be detained for a long time?
17. How do I quash my warrant?
18. What do I do if I get a curfew violation?