Can my personal property be released to my parent?
A parent must contact the probation officer and request a specific item. The probation officer will contact the youth and have the youth sign permission for the item(s) to be released. On rare occasions, property release has been denied because the arresting police agency may need access to it as part of their investigation.

Show All Answers

1. Where are arrested youth detained?
2. When can I visit my child in detention?
3. What are the rules for visiting my child in detention?
4. Can I visit a youth in detention if I am not the youth’s parent?
5. What happens when a juvenile is arrested or cited for a criminal offense?
6. How do I quash my warrant?
7. Do I have any financial responsibilities if my child is arrested or detained?
8. If my child was detained, are there court hearings?
9. How do I find out if my child has a court hearing?
10. Can my child be detained for a long time?
11. Can my personal property be released to my parent?
12. Are there any requirements if my child is released from Detention?