What should I do if the court order is violated?
Failure by any party to comply with a court order is contempt of court. Violations of the court order should be reported to the court through the filing of a contempt motion. A contempt motion may be filed by a parent, a child or a person/agency having custody of the child. You do not need to wait for a scheduled review hearing to report violations of the court's orders.

If the court makes a finding of contempt at a contempt hearing, the court may impose coercive sanctions, such as research papers or community service hours, alternatives to secure detention such as work crew or electronic home monitoring, confinement for up to seven days in juvenile detention or a fine, or any combination of these sanctions.

Show All Answers

1. Who files the At-Risk-Youth (ARY) petition?
2. How do I file an At-Risk Youth (ARY) petition?
3. How do I file a Child in Need of Services (CHINS) petition?
4. What should I do if the court order is violated?
5. Who is Family Reconciliation Services?
6. What does Family Reconciliation Services (FRS) do and are they a part of Child Protective Services (CPS)?
7. What is the goal of Family Reconciliation Services (FRS)?
8. How do I contact Family Reconciliation Services to request a Family Assessment?
9. Can Family Reconciliation Services (FRS) work with my family without an At-Risk Youth Petition being filed in court?
10. Once the Family Assessment has been completed? What do I do?
11. What can I expect at the first court date, called the Fact-Finding Hearing?