What happens after my diversion meeting?
If you signed a Diversion Agreement, you will be assigned a monitor to keep track of your progress on completion of the Diversion Agreement. It will be your responsibility to report your progress to your monitor. Once you have completed the conditions of the agreement, your monitor will inform the court and your case will be closed. If you do not complete the conditions of your agreement in the time allotted or if you do not provide proof of completion by the completion date, the monitor will return the case to Prosecuting Attorney for filing of charges in Juvenile Court.

If you do not sign a Diversion Agreement, your case will be sent back to the Prosecutor's Office for charging.

Show All Answers

1. What are the differences between diversion and court?
2. What if I do not want to go through diversion?
3. How many times can I go through diversion?
4. Can I get a copy of my arrest report?
5. Do I need an attorney to go through diversion?
6. Can I speak with an attorney about my decision to go through diversion?
7. Can I go through diversion if I am almost 18?
8. Who will be at my diversion meeting?
9. Do my parents have to come with me to my diversion meeting?
10. What will happen at my diversion meeting?
11. When will my diversion meeting be held?
12. Where will my diversion meeting be held?
13. How long will the diversion meeting take?
14. What happens after my diversion meeting?
15. Do I have to go through diversion or to court if my parents have already punished me?
16. Will I have to go to juvenile detention?
17. Who will know about a juvenile’s diversion?
18. Will I have a criminal record if I go through diversion?
19. How much is the diversion fee?
20. Can I go through diversion if I can’t afford to pay the diversion fee?
21. What happens if I fail to complete my Diversion Agreement?
22. Can I lose driving privileges for a drug- or alcohol-related offense?
23. Will my school be notified?
24. Can my diversion record be sealed or destroyed?