Whenever any juvenile enrolled in a common school enters into a Diversion Agreement, is convicted in adult criminal court, or is adjudicated in juvenile court for the following offenses, the principal of the student's school must be notified, after first notifying the parent or legal guardian that such notification will be made:
- a violent offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;
- a sex offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;
- inhaling toxic fumes under in RCW 9.47A;
- a controlled substances violation under RCW 69.50;
- a liquor violation under RCW 66.44.270;
- and any crime under RCW chapters 9.41, 9A.36, 9A.40, 9A.46, and 9A.48.
(This notification, and a detailed listing of the actual offenses, is included along with the appointment letter when you are scheduled for your Diversion appointment.)
Any information received by a principal or school personnel under this section is confidential and may not be further disseminated except as provided by law.