Will my school be notified?
Whenever any juvenile enrolled in a common school enters into a Diversion Agreement, is convicted in adult criminal court, or is adjudicated in juvenile court for the following offenses, the principal of the student's school must be notified, after first notifying the parent or legal guardian that such notification will be made:
- a violent offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;
- a sex offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;
- inhaling toxic fumes under in RCW 9.47A;
- a controlled substances violation under RCW 69.50;
- a liquor violation under RCW 66.44.270;
- and any crime under RCW chapters 9.41, 9A.36, 9A.40, 9A.46, and 9A.48.

(This notification, and a detailed listing of the actual offenses, is included along with the appointment letter when you are scheduled for your Diversion appointment.)

Any information received by a principal or school personnel under this section is confidential and may not be further disseminated except as provided by law.

Show All Answers

1. What are the differences between diversion and court?
2. What if I do not want to go through diversion?
3. How many times can I go through diversion?
4. Can I get a copy of my arrest report?
5. Do I need an attorney to go through diversion?
6. Can I speak with an attorney about my decision to go through diversion?
7. Can I go through diversion if I am almost 18?
8. Who will be at my diversion meeting?
9. Do my parents have to come with me to my diversion meeting?
10. What will happen at my diversion meeting?
11. When will my diversion meeting be held?
12. Where will my diversion meeting be held?
13. How long will the diversion meeting take?
14. What happens after my diversion meeting?
15. Do I have to go through diversion or to court if my parents have already punished me?
16. Will I have to go to juvenile detention?
17. Who will know about a juvenile’s diversion?
18. Will I have a criminal record if I go through diversion?
19. How much is the diversion fee?
20. Can I go through diversion if I can’t afford to pay the diversion fee?
21. What happens if I fail to complete my Diversion Agreement?
22. Can I lose driving privileges for a drug- or alcohol-related offense?
23. Will my school be notified?
24. Can my diversion record be sealed or destroyed?