What are my setbacks?
Setback areas must remain free of structures. Building setbacks are set based on a property zone classification. Title 18A - Development Regulations - Zoning provides density and dimension tables which specify setbacks for interior, rear and yards abutting roads. The development regulations also provide certain setback exceptions, in 18A.15.040. Building setbacks are measured from the property line. In some instances, a special use permit has been granted which may allow a different setback than what is currently permitted. You can check to see if that is the case for your property by visiting the Pierce County Auditors office to see if there are any recorded documents that indicate previous land use decisions for your property. If so, land use files are available for viewing at the Pierce County Annex, Current Planning Office between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on weekdays.

Show All Answers

1. What is the setback requirement from an easement?
2. What are my setbacks?
3. How tall can my house/structure be?