1. Contact Pierce County Risk Management, 798-7462, and request an application for an Emergency Hardship Withdrawal.
2. Print and Complete BOTH the Pierce County Deferred Compensation application for an Emergency Hardship Withdrawal and either the ICMA-RC or ING (whichever plan you participate in) form.
3. Send the complete forms to Risk Management with a copy of your paystub and any supporting documents.
4. The forms will be reviewed by the deferred compensation hearing officer to determine if the request falls within IRS guidelines for an emergency hardship withdrawal. Either an approval or denial will be issued by the hearing officer.
5. If the request is approved, Risk Management will sign the appropriate forms and forward them to the correct contact at ICMA-RC or ING for processing. Processing typically takes 7 – 10 business days. The most efficient method is to request a direct deposit into your bank account.
6. If the request is denied, you will have an option to appeal the decision within 10 days of the receipt of the decision. To appeal a decision, contact Risk Management, 798-7462, to have an appeal scheduled.