What can I do in my neighborhood about speeders?
You can make a difference by:
  • Always driving 25 MPH or less in residential areas
  • Avoiding using local streets as shortcuts

Neighborhoods and law enforcement can also make difference by working in groups to combat the problem. The most effective way of reducing a speeding problem is through selective enforcement, which is working with the Sheriff's Office on traffic infractions in your area. You can reach the neighborhood patrol deputy by phone at (253) 798-4840.

You can also report incidents at (253) 798-4840. When reporting, prepare to give Sherrif's Department deputies as much information as possible, such as:

  • Vehicle description
  • License number
  • Day and time speeding most often occurs
  • Location - road and cross road information

Show All Answers

1. Are speed humps going to continue to be installed within the county?
2. How do we get Children at Play signs installed on our street or in our neighborhood?
3. What are speed humps and how are they related to the Traffic Calming Pilot Program?
4. What can I do in my neighborhood about speeders?
5. How do we get Neighborhood Entry signs installed?