Animal Cruelty occurs when someone intentionally injures or harms an animal or when a person willfully deprives an animal of food, water or necessary medical care.
Here are some signs that may indicate abuse or neglect:
- Extremely thin, starving animal
- Animal with obvious injury that has not been treated
- An owner striking or otherwise physically abusing an animal
- Animals who are repeatedly left alone without food and water
- Animals that are kept outside without shelter in extreme weather conditions
See RCW 16.52 for more information.