What can I do if I disagree with my assessed value?
If the taxpayer does not think that their property value is fair market value, they have the right to appeal to the Board of Equalization on or before July 1st of the current assessment year, or 60 days of the date of mailing of a value change notice or other determination notice, whichever is later. The taxpayer must provide specific reasons why he/she believes the Assessor's value does not reflect the true and fair market value (RCW 84.40.0301). The percentage of assessment increase, personal hardship, the amount of tax, and other matters unrelated to the market value cannot be considered.

To obtain an appeal form, contact the Pierce County Board of Equalization at (253) 798-7415.

Show All Answers

1. When are my property taxes due?
2. How do I pay my property taxes?
3. Why does my property value change each year?
4. What can I do if I disagree with my assessed value?
5. Why haven't I received my tax statement yet?
6. How often does the Assessor-Treasurer's Office inspect my property?
7. What gives the Assessor the right to photograph or enter my property uninvited?
8. What will happen if I don't pay my first half tax in April?
9. My mortgage company should pay my taxes but they haven't. What should I do?