Valid Jury Excusals
• Submit a letter on letterhead from your company or company you are employed for and have your supervisor sign it.
• It must state they do not compensate for jury duty or it is an undue hardship to release you to serve.
• Submit a letter from your physician.
• Do not send lists of medications or copies of disability paperwork we will not excuse you.
• The letter must be completed by an expert in the medical field.
• An undue hardship would be dependent care for your child or an elderly adult or disabled child or adult.
• Please note if you are a caretaker of a disabled child or adult we will require a letter from their physician stating you are their primary care provider.
All Excusals may be sent, emailed or faxed to our office
• Jury Administration
930 Tacoma Ave S, Rm 123
Tacoma, WA 98402
• Fax 253-798-7057
• Email Address [email protected]
Not Qualified To Serve As a Juror In Pierce County
• Felony Conviction and rights have not been restored
• Do not speak English
• Not a US Citizen
• No longer live in Pierce County.
Jury Duty Postponements
• You may postpone only ONE time up 6 months from the date you have been selected to serve Jury Duty.
• Do not postpone to future date to obtain an excusal
• Postponements may not be excused. Once selected it is a firm date, the court will expect you to serve on that date